To submit images to Picture Calls in fotoLibra, simply click on the Picture Call megaphone icon below a thumbnail in your Collections, and select the relevant Roundup For Living In The USA picture call from the drop-down menu which appears. Pictures must be marked as Rights Managed, and should not be sent direct to me.
By now you will know that fotoLibra suffered a serious incident last week which meant we were offline for several days. Do not worry for yourself: no images were lost or affected. We are nearly back to normal, but not quite. We're working as fast as we can to restore everything to full working order. We are asking members not to upload photographs while the RAID arrays are regenerating. It is safer NOT to upload images at the moment because there is no guarantee they will be saved on the rebuilt fotoLibra site.
We will contact you as soon as normal service has resumed.
Meanwhile regular updates are being posted on the new fotoLibra Group on LinkedIn
and the new fotoLibra Group on Facebook
and by our MD, Gwyn Headley, on Twitter, @fotoLibrarian
Please sign up to join these groups or follow Gwyn on Twitter if you want to know what's happening right away..
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD NEW IMAGES FOR THIS PICTURE CALL OR ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I TELL YOU TO DO SO!
If you have suitable images already in your Portfolio, you can submit them to this Picture Call.
We recently asked you for images of life in the USA. Now here comes a round-up call, needed by next Tuesday. You WILL be able to upload images to the call, but not just yet. So you have time to prepare them for upload. All images must be American in style, location, feel etc. Please only upload images of subjects in this list. There is no point uploading an image of something just because it's in America.
1. A jagged piece of glass with a few sharp points. If it resembles (2), so much the better
2. A view of a jagged American mountain range with sharp points
3. 3/4 view of a tall rectangular American concrete building - we need to see one side of the building and the face. The Flatiron is not rectangular
4. Matching scarf & woolly hat patterned or striped
5. A matching outfit
6. An adult asleep on a chair/armchair with head tilted to one side
7. Child/children sliding on ice on their feet (not skates)
8. A US car skidding on ice/icy road
9. Someone sprinkling drops of water over clothes (before ironing)
10. A skirt with a colored (solid color not a pattern) band across it at the bottom
11. Teenage girl or young girl with hair with colored streaks
12. A belt tied tight around someone's waist
13. A strap tied very tight around a suitcase so we can see it slightly squeezed
14. An ice skater and/or a ballet dancer spinning - photo needs to suggest idea of fast movement
15. American majorette twirling a baton with one hand
16. A left hand drive car swerving on ice/snow/sand so we can see marks left on the road by sudden change of direction of the vehicle
17. A hand pulling a shoe lace or string of a parcel & knot partly undone
18. Hand unzipping a top/bag/shoe
19. Hand unscrewing top of an American jar
20. American soliders marching (no weapons)
21. A person wading through deep water
22. Someone tiptoeing
23. Someone sneaking out of a door/room trying not to be seen or heard
24. A miniature train/boat/house - not a toy but a smaller real-looking version of something bigger
25. Front view of two small American stores - to illustrate the sentence "next to each other"
26. A table by a window in an American restaurant/cafe preferably without people
27. Teenage American students in a classroom working in pairs
28. Liquid gushing out with force out of a broken pipe or from the ground, e.g. oil
29. Close up view of a slot in an American letterbox
If you did not receive my Picture Call yesterday for "Pembrokeshire Coast National Park & Path", you can read in it full on the Picture Calls tab in your fotoLibra Control Centre.