Two floor octagonal red brick-built folly with pyramidal roof. Built high on Brickworth Down in 1606 by local landowner Giles Eyre. 7 miles SE of Salisbury. Statement/lookout or both? Known locally as The Pepperbox for its resemblance to a 17/18th century pepper-pot or box. Folly and surroundings maintained by National Trust(NT).Fine views to the coast S and Salisbury Cathedral NW.