Architecture; Art Deco; Blue; Bridge; California; Engineering; Golden Gate Bridge; Monument; Red; San Francisco; San Francisco Bay; Sights; Sightseeing; Steel; Structure; Suspension Bridge; Tourism; Tourist; Traffic; Transport; USA; Water
The Golden Gate Bridge seen from the headland of Marin County with San Francisco on the horizon. August 1990.
America; bridge; California; distant view; geographical; Golden Gate; Golden Gate Bridge; harbour; landmark; landscape format; Marin County; Mount Tamalpias; ocean; San Francisco; shore; suspension bridge; USA; waves; beach; surf
USA - California : San Francisco, the famous Golden Gate Bridge, with Mount Tamalpias and the hills of Marin County beyond, is seen from the south east near the San Francisco Yacht Harbour. ref: 40.1/2/2(8)
AMCIT, Architecture, public, building, honey moon, holidays, travel, American cities, city, U.S.A., United States of America, San Francisco skyline, San Francisco Bay, night, water, rock, golden gate bridge, light
City; San Francisco; Golden Gate; suburb; fog; bay; bridge; bridge Golden Gate; panoramic view; small houses; houses; house; clouds; wide angle; States; Unites States; United States of America; America
Panoramic view on San Francisco and suburbs and the bay
United States, America, USA, San Francisco, California, bay, view, travel, tourist, tourism, holiday, vacation, destination, building, American, modern, Architecture, city, cities, urban, Art Deco, Bogart, film, cinema, bright, white, relief,
San Francisco; California; Golden Gate Bridge; San Francisco Bay; streetscape
The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate - the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean. Its name has nothing to do with its color, chosen by the Navy, but refers to the span of water. As part of both U.S. Route 101 and State Route 1, it connects the city of San Francisco on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County. The Golden Gate Bridge was the longest suspension bridge span in the world when it was completed during the year 1937 and has become an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco.