Royal Courts of Justice; Law Courts; Court of Appeal; High Court of Justice; The Strand WC2; architect George Edmund Street; City of Westminster; London;
The Royal Courts of Justice, commonly called the Law Courts, is the building in London which houses the Court of Appeal of England and Wales and the High Court of Justice of England and Wales. The building is a large grey stone edifice in the Victorian Gothic style and was designed by George Edmund Street. It is surrounded by the four Inns of Court
Hampton Court Palace; King Henry VIII; Tudor; Tudors; English History; Cardinal Thomas Wolsey; England; Surrey; Royal Palace; Tudor dress; Tudor Lady; Embroidery; Sat on bench; Back lit; Fill in flash; red; gold; needle point; Queen; lady in waiting; head dress; rich; tapestry
Tudor Lady doing needle point. sat in front of a window at Hampton Court Palace.
Architecture; Classical; space age; Lord Norman Foster Architect; Foster and Partners; Supreme Court building; Singapore; New Supreme Court Building Singapore; Old Supreme Court Building; Judicial Architecture; BIZBIL; bizarre buildings; Jetsons style; daytime; landscape; nobody; blue sky
Court of Appeal of England and Wales, The Strand, Royal Courts of Justice, London, the High Court of Justice of England and Wales, Victorian Gothic, grey stone, building, architecture, George Edmund Street, Westminster, City of London, Temple Bar, London Borough of Camden, Inns of Court, Chancery Lane, Temple, law, justice, appeals, judges, legal, street, pedestrian crossing, car, vehicle, IPSV0576, IPSV2262, IPSV0773, IPSV2650, IPSV3004, IPSV1399,
The Strand & Royal Courts of Justice, London. Seen in the 1970s.
Temple Bar, Law Courts, London, England, English, law, British, Britain, Victorian, folly, construction, people, street, city, capital, Fleet Street, Strand, building, architecture, Wren, Christopher Wren, Temple, Fleet Street, Carey Street, Strand, G E Street, IPSV2678, IPSV 0576, IPSV2647, IPSV2262, IPSV2998, IPSV0937, IPSV0773,
Temple Bar (right) and construction of the New Law Courts, London, November 1877. Temple Bar, seen in its original position, Was designed by Sir Christopher Wren. It marked the boundary between The City of London and Westminster where Fleet Street became the Strand. After completion of the new Law Courts, it was dismantled in 1878 and eventually moved to Theobalds Park Waltham Cross, where it remained until being moved back to its present site in Paternoster Square, London, in 2004. The New Law Courts were opened by Queen Victoria on 4 December 1882. Engraving from an engraving in ILN, 22 March 1877.